SPOKANE, Wash., June 3 /PRNewswire/ -- People to People Ambassador Programs, the leader in global educational travel experiences, officially kicks off the summer travel season with programs to six continents around the world. Students from across the country will head abroad on unique educational and experiential travel centered on unique access to people, places and cultural activities.
For nearly 50 years, the company has been traveling students across the globe, and takes pride in being the first to implement such leading industry initiatives as:
- 100 percent teacher leader CPR certification
- 24 hour on-call capabilities during travel season
- State of the art emergency command center in corporate headquarters
- The only company of its kind to employ a Senior Director of Health and Safety
- All teachers and chaperones receive full background checks
- Nutritionist for meals
- Full scale response team simulations
- GPS enabled cell phone for teacher in each travel group
- Travel provider issued credit card for every group
- Optional GPS and phone rental feature for student travelers
This year, People to People Ambassador Programs is launching the FindMe solution from Cellhire, a world leader in providing international wireless communications based in Dallas, TX.
The FindMe solution allows the Cellhire mobile phone or BlackBerry device to be tracked using GPS, or cell tower triangulation in the event that GPS is unavailable. FindMe seamlessly reports the position of the handset to a central control website.During the upcoming summer travel season, People to People Ambassador Programs is providing teacher leaders with this solution. The feature is also available to parents renting the FindMe phone through Cellhire. Parents can hold text conversations with their student traveler through the FindMe website, staying in touch despite time zone differences. Cellhire will be employing safeguards regarding the amount of data the FindMe phones use so that parents can quickly be alerted if a student is starting to run up a large phone bill.