Sport Chalet Cuts Loss In 4Q
LOS ANGELES (AP) â¿¿ Retailer Sport Chalet Inc. said Wednesday it narrowed its fiscal fourth-quarter loss on higher sales and lower expenses.
The company said it posted a loss of $300,000, or 2 cents a share, in the three months ended in March. That compares with a loss of $11.1 million, or 79 cents a share, in the prior-year quarter.
Revenue climbed about 7 percent to $90.2 million from $84.5 million, driven by an increase in same-store sales.
The surge in sales ends a streak of 10 consecutive quarters with negative sales in stores open at least a year.Management said favorable weather helped fuel sales, despite still-high unemployment, bankruptcies and other economic headwinds faced by many consumers. For the full fiscal year, Sport Chalet posted a loss of $8.3 million, or 59 cents a share, compared with a loss of $52.2 million, or $3.70 a share, in fiscal 2009. Revenue slipped to $353.7 million from $372.7 million in the prior-year period. Shares in Sport Chalet added 13 cents, or 5.6 percent, to $2.66 Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV