2. Art Technology Group (ARTG) is a developer of e-commerce software for many well-known companies, including retailers like Best Buy (BBY), Macy's (M), Amazon.com (AMZN) and even non-retail names like Citigroup and AT&T (T). Shares have fallen nearly 20% in 2010 and 2% over the last 12 months.
Consensus: Of the analysts covering Art Technology, 11, or 91.7%, advise purchasing its shares and one recommends holding them.
Closing Price: $3.65 (June 2)Bullish Case: Deutsche Bank has a buy rating and $6 price target on Art Technology Group, arguing that the company "demonstrated [its] strong market positioning and [was] able to take advantage of the improving macro environment" in the first quarter. Bearish Scenario: Although Wedbush analysts have an outperform rating and remain bullish on Art Technology's longer term growth prospects, they say risks to the firm's $5 price target include "changes to IT spending patterns, dependence on seven-figure transactions, declining e-commerce growth rates, a transitioning business model that creates volatility in revenue and [earnings per share], and a minimal build-out of a global partner network."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV