3. Citigroup (C - Get Report) is quite often the most heavily traded U.S. stock, with an average daily share volume of more than 810 million. Recently, the Treasury Department began selling its Citigroup stake, which was acquired as part of the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP. The bank's stock has famously failed to maintain the $5 level, although shares are up nearly 20% in 2010.
Top 10 Buy-Rated Stocks Under $5
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.