3. Citigroup (C - Get Report) is quite often the most heavily traded U.S. stock, with an average daily share volume of more than 810 million. Recently, the Treasury Department began selling its Citigroup stake, which was acquired as part of the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP. The bank's stock has famously failed to maintain the $5 level, although shares are up nearly 20% in 2010.
Top 10 Buy-Rated Stocks Under $5
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.