5. Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA - Get Report) is a biotech company focused on development of targeted oncology therapies. The company's lead compound ridaforolimus is currently in a Phase III trial for sarcoma. Ariad shares have surged 62% in 2010 and are up more than 150% over the last 12 months.
Top 10 Buy-Rated Stocks Under $5
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.