8. Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) shares spiked last month after the company said Phase 1b clinical trial data showed its ACH-1625 treatment in third and fourth patient cohorts achieved "meaningful reductions in HCV RNA after five-day monotherapy, with continued safety and tolerability in patients with hepatitis C." The stock is down more than 11% over the last month, but has nearly doubled in price over the last year.
Top 10 Buy-Rated Stocks Under $5
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.