9. FuelCell Energy (FCEL) is, as the name implies, a developer of fuel cell technology in the United States and abroad. The company manufactures fuel cell power plants for electric power generation. Shares have dropped more than 23% over the last month and more than 43% over the last year.
Consensus: Of the analysts covering FuelCell Energy, seven, or 70%, recommend purchasing the stock. Two analysts recommend selling the stock, and another advises holding it.
Closing Price: $2.13 (June 2)Bullish Case: Thomas Weisel Partners said in March that FuelCell Energy has "multi near-term catalysts on the horizon," including further support in the South Korea market as well as the likely addition of two to three European partners in 2010. The firm has an outperform rating on FuelCell and a $5 price target. Bearish Scenario: In an earnings preview ahead of the company's June 7 second-quarter report, Canaccord Genuity cut its price target to $4.50 from $6.25, citing compressed multiples across the energy-tech group. The firm maintained its buy rating, although Canaccord highlighted some of the investment risks to FuelCell. They included limited market acceptance of the company's fuel cell product, which is in the very early stages of commercialization. "While cash balances and liquidity are adequate in the near term, FuelCell may need to raise additional capital until the company reaches break-even," the firm added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV