1. Summer Infant (SUMR) designs and sells health and safety products for children, including baby monitors, gates and blankets. Since 2007, Summer Infant has more than tripled revenue and net income each year, on average.
Quarter: First-quarter net income quadrupled to $1.8 million, or 11 cents. Revenue grew 27%. The operating margin extended from 2.9% to 6.5%. Summer Infant has $1.6 million of cash and $41 million of debt, equal to a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.6.
Stock: Summer Infant has quadrupled during the past year, outpacing U.S. benchmarks. It sells for a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 12, a 31% discount to its peer average. Its PEG ratio of 0.4 demonstrates a 60% discount to projected fair value.
Consensus: Of firms rating Summer Infant, all five advocate buying its shares. Needham & Co. offers a price target of $11, leaving a potential return of 36%. Roth Capital forecasts that the stock will hit $10. Summer Infant has a market value of $125 million.-- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV