Silver prices settled down 23 cents to $18.31 while copper closed 2 cents lower to $3.04.
Gold mining stocks, a more risky and more profitable way to invest in gold, were higher. Barrick Gold (ABX) was rising 1.24% to $43.12 while Newmont Mining (NEM) was adding more than 1.50% to $55.50. Other large gold miners AngloGold Ashanti (AU) and Goldcorp (GG) were trading higher at $42.80 and $44.18, respectively.
|More on Gold Gold Price News|
|How to Invest in Gold|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV