Oil Spill by the Numbers
The oil spill has already cost BP more than $4 billion.
The daily price tag to BP from the oil spill, which was estimated at $6 million to $7 million in the early days of the now ten-week-old crisis, has risen to an estimate of $38 million daily.
BP has said the cleanup and containment costs related to the oil spill would largely be limited to 2010, but that the longer-term liability is impossible to quantify. BP took a $32.2 billion charge in its second-quarter earnings related to the oil spill, resulting in a $17 billion quarterly loss.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV