Timberline Shareholders Approve Acquisition Of Staccato Gold Resources
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho, June 1, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Timberline Resources Corporation (NYSE Amex:TLR) ("Timberline") is pleased to announce that its shareholders have approved the plan of arrangement pursuant to which Timberline will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of Staccato Gold Resources Ltd. (TSX.V:CAT) ("Staccato").
At the special meeting of Timberline shareholders held May 28, 2010, ninety-nine per cent (99%) of the securities that were voted favored the acquisition resolution, approving the proposed plan of arrangement transaction. Pursuant to the plan of arrangement, Timberline will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Staccato by means of a share exchange (the "Arrangement"). Staccato shareholders will receive 0.142857143 shares of Timberline common stock and US$0.0001 for each Staccato common share held. Timberline and Staccato expect to complete all other conditions to closing and to close the transaction on June 2, 2010 (the "Closing Date").
Staccato voluntarily halted trading of its common shares on the TSX Venture Exchange prior to the opening of the market on Monday, May 31, 2010. The common shares of Staccato will remain halted until the Closing Date and Timberline's shares of common stock will resume trading on the TSX Venture Exchange in substitution for Staccato's common shares on June 3, 2010 under the symbol "TBR".Registered shareholders, warrantholders and certain optionholders of Staccato will be required to submit their certificates and Letters of Transmittal to Corporate Stock Transfer, Inc. prior to receiving the Timberline securities to which they are entitled upon completion of the arrangement transaction. The benefits of this acquisition for Timberline shareholders include:
- Low cost acquisition of a significant mineralized material base with near-term gold production potential at the Lookout Mountain project
- Large, drill-tested, highly prospective project portfolio on Nevada's Battle Mountain - Eureka gold trend
- Cash infusion of approximately $5 million for exploration and development, primarily at the Lookout Mountain project
- Addition of strategic assets in Nevada while maintaining an attractive share structure
- Growth of Timberline as a vertically-integrated company with in-house capability, expertise, and strategic alliances to explore, drill, permit, develop, and produce – and the corporate strength to advance its projects
- Additional projects upon which to leverage Timberline's two core drilling subsidiaries by providing economical drilling for exploration and development
- Strengthening of an attractive corporate vehicle and tight share structure to accommodate additional acquisitions and growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV