Mercury Grand Marquis
Ford created Mercury in 1939 as an effort to squeeze a brand in between its mass-market Ford and high-end Lincoln. "It has always been Ford-plus, with a bigger engine, more chrome, more trunk space," said IHS Global Insight analyst John Wolkonowicz recently.
Mercury sales topped out at 580,000 in 1978 and reached 480,000 in 1993, but have been in decline since. Today, "it's a brand that is a favorite of the Depression generation, people who bought it when they were kids in the 30s and 40s," said Wolkonowicz. The pool of these buyers is not getting any bigger.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV