BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Summer is expected to bring unusually hot weather to southern states, according to the Climate Prediction Center. Here are some stocks that could benefit.
3. Aaon (AAON) makes air conditioning equipment. If summer temperatures rise, as expected in the South, this Tulsa, Okla.-based company will benefit. TheStreet rates it "buy."
Quarter: First-quarter profit decreased 24% to $5.1 million, or 30 cents a share, as revenue dropped 23% to $49 million. The operating margin inched up from 16% to 17%. Aaon has $25 million of cash, converting to a quick ratio of 1.8, and no debt.
Stock: Aaon has advanced 15% during the past year, underperforming U.S. stock-market indices. It trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 14, a 56% discount to its peer average. The shares are expensive based on book value and sales.Consensus: Of analysts covering Aaon, two, or 67%, advise purchasing its shares and one recommends holding them. Sidoti & Co. believes Aaon is fairly valued at $24 a share. Since 2007, Aaon has delivered annualized gains of 8%, beating indices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV