Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE)
Closing price: $4.71 (May 26)
Annual Dividend: 40 centsDividend Yield: 8.5% (forward annual) Price-to-Book: 1.90 Recent developments: Earlier this week, Universal Insurance declared its latest dividend, payable on July 15 to shareholders of record on June 17. On May 10, Universal Insurance said it had first-quarter net income of $8.3 million, or 21 cents a share, down from a year-ago profit of $12.4 million, or 31 cents a share. The company attributed the decline to continuing pressure on operating results because of state-mandated wind-mitigation credits and higher reinsurance costs. While Universal Insurance's P/E ratio trailing 12 months is slightly above other nonlife insurance companies, it trades at a discount on a price-to-book basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV