3. Oriental Financial Group (OFG - Get Report) of San Juan, P.R., purchased the failed Eurobank, also of San Juan, from the FDIC on April 30. The acquisition included 22 branches, $785 million in retail deposits and $1.7 billion in assets, with the FDIC agreeing to absorb 80% of losses on acquired loans. The transaction grew Oriental's balance sheet 26% to roughly $8.2 billion.
Five Bank Stock Bargains
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.