3. Oriental Financial Group (OFG - Get Report) of San Juan, P.R., purchased the failed Eurobank, also of San Juan, from the FDIC on April 30. The acquisition included 22 branches, $785 million in retail deposits and $1.7 billion in assets, with the FDIC agreeing to absorb 80% of losses on acquired loans. The transaction grew Oriental's balance sheet 26% to roughly $8.2 billion.
Five Bank Stock Bargains
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.