SFMS Announces Investigation Into Gentiva Health Services’ Acquisition Of Odyssey Healthcare
Shepherd, Finkelman, Miller & Shah, LLP (“SFMS”) ( http://www.sfmslaw.com) is investigating the agreement under which Gentiva Health Services (“Gentiva”) (Nasdaq: GTIV) intends to acquire Odyssey Healthcare, Inc. (“Odyssey Healthcare”) (Nasdaq: ODSY). Odyssey Healthcare, based in Dallas, Texas, provides hospice care for patients. Gentiva, with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, provides home health services. The agreement, announced on May 24, 2010, would allow Gentiva to acquire Odyssey Healthcare for $27.00 per share, or approximately $1.1 billion for the transaction. SFMS’ investigation of the agreement concerns whether there has been adequate disclosure to shareholders concerning the terms of the acquisition and whether the compensation offered to Odyssey Healthcare shareholders pursuant to the acquisition is adequate. The transaction is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2010.
If you own shares of Odyssey Healthcare and would like to request additional information about this investigation, please contact Karen M. Leser-Grenon at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 866-540-5505 (ext. 206) or Patrick A. Klingman at email@example.com or toll-free at 866-540-5505 (ext. 205).
Shepherd, Finkelman, Miller & Shah, LLP ( http://www.sfmslaw.com) is a law firm that represents consumers, fiduciaries, beneficiaries and investors, including institutions and individuals, in class action and other complex litigation, and maintains offices in California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. The firm’s attorneys have experience prosecuting cases on behalf of shareholders in mergers and acquisitions throughout the United States.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV