T-Mobile USA CEO to Step Down in 2011
Philipp Humm, a former CEO of T-Mobile Deutschland, will be Dotson's successor. Humm is currently responsible for sales and service in Europe as chief regional officer.
Humm will take over as CEO of T-Mobile USA in February, the company said in a press release.
T-Mobile USA is the fourth-largest U.S. mobile operator. It has seen revenue and earnings decline partly because of increased competition. T-Mobile USA saw customer numbers decline by 77,000 in the first quarter "as a result of the intense competitive environment and an industry-wide downturn," Deutsche Telekom said when its earnings were reported earlier this month.-- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV