Microsoft top entertainment executives step down
REDMOND, Wash. (AP) â¿¿ Microsoft Corp. said Tuesday that two key executives from the group that makes the Xbox 360 game system, Windows mobile phones and Zune media players are leaving the company.
The shakeup comes at a critical time for Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division. The company's phone software and Zune both lag those of competitors, notably Apple Inc. Microsoft just overhauled its mobile phone system and started selling a new brand of phones, called Kin, for younger users. And the company is hoping to improve Xbox sales with an upcoming video game system that understands body movements, code-named "Project Natal."___ Some Fed banks wanted higher emergency loan rate WASHINGTON (AP) â¿¿ Three of the Federal Reserve's 12 regional banks made a push last month to bump up the interest rate banks pay the Fed for emergency loans, according to a document released Tuesday. The regional banks were in Kansas City, St. Louis and Dallas. They wanted to boost the discount rate to 1 percent from 0.75 percent. The rate doesn't directly affect borrowing costs for Americans. Late last month, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and his four other board members unanimously decided to keep the current rate. By The Associated Press The Dow finished down 22.82 at 10,043.75. The Nasdaq composite index closed down 2.60 at 2,210.95, and the Standard & Poor's 500-stock index managed a slight gain â¿¿ up 0.38 at 1,074.03. Benchmark crude for July delivery dropped $1.46 to settle at $68.75 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. In other Nymex trading in June contracts, heating oil fell 2.76 cents to settle at $1.8717 a gallon, and gasoline dropped 4 cents to settle at $1.9308 a gallon. Natural gas rose 3.4 cents to settle at $4.051 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV