It has been a brutal May for most investors. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is down about 10% so far in May, the S&P 500 is down 11% and the Nasdaq is off 12%. But as unfortunate as the recent volatility has been on Wall Street, it has served up a very clear reality check to investors.
Put plainly, if you thought that the bull market was going to keep chugging along from the March 2009 lows without a hitch you got another thing coming.
So where do we go now -- hide in gold and sell off everything, or buy the farm in anticipation of the next leg up? To help you make sense of the mayhem in May, here are seven stocks from the InvestorPlace experts.
More From Investor Place
|7 Hot Commodity Plays for High Inflation|
|Five of the Worst Stocks Out There|
|Top 10 Dow Dividend Stocks|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV