It has been a brutal May for most investors. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is down about 10% so far in May, the S&P 500 is down 11% and the Nasdaq is off 12%. But as unfortunate as the recent volatility has been on Wall Street, it has served up a very clear reality check to investors.
Put plainly, if you thought that the bull market was going to keep chugging along from the March 2009 lows without a hitch you got another thing coming.
So where do we go now -- hide in gold and sell off everything, or buy the farm in anticipation of the next leg up? To help you make sense of the mayhem in May, here are seven stocks from the InvestorPlace experts.
More From Investor Place
|7 Hot Commodity Plays for High Inflation|
|Five of the Worst Stocks Out There|
|Top 10 Dow Dividend Stocks|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV