USEC shares jumped after nuclear power companies Toshiba Corp. and The Babcock & Wilcox Co. said they will jointly invest $200 million in the company to foster its uranium enrichment technology. Toshiba said the investment is a move to secure its front-end supply chain.
USEC jumped by 77 cents, or 18.2%, to $5.01. Volume topped 2.93 million shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 2.24 million, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Elsewhere, PFSweb (PFSW) dropped by 64 cents, or 14.9%, to $3.66 after the eCommerce solutions company announced a public offering of 2 million shares of common stock. Volume topped 92,000 shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 470,000, according to the Nasdaq.Cimatron (CIMT) also traded lower, falling by 48 cents, or 25%, to $1.44, after the CAD/CAM software products maker posted a first-quarter adjusted net profit of a penny a share on revenue of $7.8 million. That compares to a year-ago non-GAAP loss of 4 cents a share on revenue of $7.8 million. Volume topped 42,000 shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 28,000. Wave Systems (WAVX) slumped by 24 cents, or 8.1%, to $2.77 in the absence of any company-specific news. Volume topped 222,000 shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 549,000. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Tuesday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store. View the Dollar Store portfolio on StockPickr. Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV