Navios Maritime Acquisition Corporation Announces Successful Affirmative Vote
PIRAEUS, Greece, May 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Navios Maritime Acquisition Corporation ("Navios Acquisition") (NYSE: NNA) announced that at a special meeting of stockholders held today, Navios Acquisition's shareholders approved the following two items:
- Vessel acquisition. Navios Acquisition shareholders approved the acquisition of 13 vessels (11 product tankers and two chemical tankers) plus options to purchase two additional product tankers, for an aggregate purchase price of $457.7 million, of which $123.4 million will be from existing cash and the $334.3 million balance from debt financing.
As a result, Navios Acquisition will reimburse Navios Maritime Holdings Inc. ("Navios Holdings") for the initial payment of $171.7 million Navios Holdings made on May 19, 2010 for the acquisition of 11 product and chemical tanker vessels plus all associated payments previously made by Navios Holdings.
- The amendment. Navios Acquisition shareholders approved amendments to Navios Acquisition's amended and restated articles of incorporation to (i) change Navios Acquisition's corporate existence to perpetual, and (ii) remove provisions that will no longer be applicable to Navios Acquisition after the business combination.
About Navios Maritime Acquisition Corporation
Navios Maritime Acquisition Corporation is a publicly traded Special Purpose Acquisition Corporation (SPAC) formed under the laws of the Marshall Islands. Navios Acquisition serves as a vehicle for acquisition through a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase or other similar business combination, one or more assets or operating businesses in the marine transportation and logistics industries. If the vessel acquisition is approved and completed, Navios Acquisition will have a fleet of 13 tankers, consisting of 11 product tankers and two chemical tankers, plus options to purchase two additional product tankers. Following the vessel acquisition, Navios Acquisition's business strategy is to become a world-leading operator and charterer of modern, high-quality product and chemical tankers. Navios Acquisition's principal focus going forward is the transportation of refined petroleum products (clean and dirty) and bulk liquid chemicals.Passive Foreign Investment Company Status Navios Acquisition was treated as a passive foreign investment company ("PFIC") for its 2008 and 2009 taxable years. Based upon its expected income, assets and activities, Navios Acquisition believes that it will be treated for United States federal income tax purposes as a PFIC for the 2010 taxable year. For more information on PFIC issues, please see Navios Acquisition's website at http://navios.com/AcquisitionCorporation.asp. Risks and Uncertainties; Forward-Looking Statements This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. These forward-looking statements inherently involve risks and uncertainties that are detailed in Navios Acquisition's prospectus and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, therefore, actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Navios Acquisition assumes no obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. SOURCE Navios Maritime Acquisition Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV