The U.S. Treasury's $42 billion auction of two-year notes had a high yield of 0.769% and a bid-to-cover ratio of 2.93. Indirect bidders took 36%.
The benchmark 10-year Treasury rose 8/32, lowering the yield to 3.171%.
The two-year note weakened 2/32, lifting the yield to 0.759%. The 30-year bond gained 10/32, diluting the yield to 4.074%.--Written by Melinda Peer and Sung Moss in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV