Story updated with Apple share price.
CUPERTINO, Calif. (TheStreet) -- It's that time again. In less than two weeks Apple (AAPL) CEO Steve Jobs will take the stage at the company's Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC), traditionally the launch pad for the latest, greatest iPhones.
With the world eagerly awaiting the successor to the iPhone 3GS, Apple investors have been telling TheStreet what they want to see at WWDC.
"From what I have seen of the rumors, the new iPhone is likely to satisfy my basic wish list: longer battery life, better processor, better camera, flash and multi-tasking," wrote Apple investor Scott Grannis, in an email to TheSteet. "[But] to me, the biggest issue that remains unclear (though I hope it is cleared next week), is when and whether Apple will build a version of the iPhone that runs on CDMA networks."Talk of a CDMA iPhone, which would allow the phone to work on other networks, has swirled around Apple seemingly forever. Earlier this year, shares of chipmaker and CDMA specialist Qualcomm (QCOM) rose when The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple was planning an iPhone capable of running on Verizon's (VZ) CDMA network. In the U.S. AT&T (T) is still Apple's exclusive iPhone partner. "My real dream would be that Apple incorporates Qualcomm's Gobi chip into the iPhone," explained Grannis, who writes the Calafia Beach Pundit blog. "That would allow the iPhone to operate on any and all networks around the world. This would be a major development." As one reader wrote on the TheStreet's message board this week, "if Jobs says 'CDMA' the stock will skyrocket."
|More on Apple Apple's Steve Jobs to Keynote WWDC|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV