American Science & Engineering (ASEI) develops X-ray inspection and other detection technologies for security markets. During the past three years, it has boosted revenue 16% annually, on average, and net income 14% a year.
Quarter: Fiscal fourth-quarter profit soared 50% to $12 million, or $1.34, as revenue rose 24%. The operating margin widened from 23% to 25%. American Science & Engineering has $179 million of cash and $7.1 million of long-term debt.
Stock: American Science & Engineering has appreciated 18% during the past year, lagging behind U.S. stock indices. It trades at a price-to-book ratio of 3, a 40% discount to the industry average. It's expensive based on projected earnings.
Consensus: Of firms rating American Science and Engineering, three, or 43%, advocate purchasing its shares and four advise holding them. Stifel Financial (SF) and The Benchmark Co. forecast that the stock will advance another 23% to $90.
10 Large-Caps With Cash to Spare
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV