Furthermore, operating margin fell 645 basis points to 3.07% as total operating expenses soared 79.0% to $4.7 million.
Recently, Rodman & Renshaw rated the stock a market outperformer with a target price of $7, representing an upside of over 100% from current levels.
Origin Agritech, a technology-focused supplier of crop seeds in China, reported a narrowed net loss during the second quarter of 2010 to 18 cents per share from a loss of 52 cents per share a year ago.
Moreover, the company reaffirmed its revenue guidance for 2010 in the range of RMB 630 million to RMB 660 million, representing a year-on-year increase of 10-15%. American Dairy, one of the leading producers and distributors of premium infant formula, milk powder and soybean, rice and walnut products in China, missed consensus estimates by 4 cents per share during the quarter ended March 2010 as revenue declined 28.5% to $81.4 million.For the second quarter of 2010, American Dairy expects total revenue to exceed $60 million, while analysts estimate revenue of $59.84 million. Recently, Rodman & Renshaw, and Oppenheimer & Co rated the stock an outperformer with a target price of $21 and $25, representing an upside of approximately 25-50%, respectively. China Green Agriculture, a leading producer and distributor of humic acid based compound fertilizer, surpassed analyst estimates of 21 cents per share, by reporting earnings of 22 cents per share during the third quarter of 2010. The company also registered a revenue growth of 52.0% year over year. For the full year ending June 2010, the company increased its earnings guidance to 90 cents to 91 cents per share, representing a year over year increase of approximately 15%. Recently, Roth Capital Partners and Chardan Capital rated the stock a buy with a target price of $15.50 and $18, representing an upside of 50-80%, respectively.
|More on Agriculture Agribusiness Bulls Led to Slaughter|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV