In particular, tech watchers await the next generation of smartphones -- and for 2011, that means ones that will run on brand-new 4G networks.
But just how fast is 4G, really? It's not an easy thing to pin down.There really isn't an official definition that says how fast 4G wireless networks should be. The International Telecommunication Union, the group that sets standards for Europe and the rest of the world, said in November that 4G is defined only as a network capable of download speeds of 100 megabits per second (Mbps). But earlier this month, the organization backtracked and said 4G should include the current WiMAX, LTE and HSPA deployed by the top U.S. carriers. Current High-Speed Networks -- 3G and 4G In terms of sheer speed -- disregarding things like network congestion that slows them down -- these are the current high-speed 3G and 4G standards currently available in the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV