Brocade said late Thursday that it had a second-quarter adjusted profit of 13 cents a share, which was a penny above expectations. However, revenue of $501 million was down 1% from the year-ago quarter and was below the $503.16 million consensus target.
Following the company's results, Goldman Sachs downgraded the firm's rating on Brocade to neutral from buy.
Brocade shares plummeted by 52 cents, or 8.9%, to $5.35 in Friday's premarket session. The 50-day average daily volume for Brocade is 18.61 million, according to the
A Better Quarter on the Way?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV