BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Contrary to popular opinion, I am capable of saying something nice about biotech stocks. I'm not all doom and gloom. Don't believe me? Check this out:
"Adam, I recently bought some shares of Amarin (AMRN)," emails Santander S. "The stock is pretty cheap and it has two phase III studies for a fish oil drug that can address a big market. You seem not to like a lot of small biotech stocks, including ones that I do like, but maybe Amarin is a stock we can agree on. What do you think?"
I think we agree on Amarin. I like this stock. The company's lead drug is AMR 101, an ultra-purified form of the omega-3 fatty acid known as Ethyl EPA. Think of AMR 101 as medicinal-grade fish oil, which can be prescribed by doctors to treat patients with high levels of triglycerides.
|FDA Calendar 14 Biotech Stocks Facing FDA Approval|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV