Citing a survey of 1,000 people, RBC's Mike Abramsky says 20% of the respondents intend to buy the fourth version of the iPhone due next month. This is more than twice the number of eager buyers surveyed prior to the original iPhone three years ago.
Abramsky estimates Apple will sell 23 million of the redesigned "HD" iPhone this year, which is more than half of the 40 million iPhone sales estimate he has for 2010. Included in Abramsky's forecast is the arrival of a CDMA-based iPhone, "but not necessarily at Verizon this year," he says.
The timing of the new iPhone coincides with the expiration of the original two-year iPhone contracts and the large number of AT&T (T) customers eligible for phone upgrades.Apple is expected to unveil its newest iPhone on June 7 at its developers' conference in San Francisco. A prototype of the new iPhone made a big splash last month when Gizmodo documented and displayed the device after purchasing it from a guy who claimed to find it at a Silicon Valley bar.
|More on Apple iPhone Apple Still Elusive on AT&T Exclusivity|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV