NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ChipMOS Technologies (IMOS) was one of several stocks trading near $5 poised to move on above-average volume Wednesday as shares of the semiconductor company rose following the release of first-quarter results.
ChipMOS Technologies reported an adjusted first-quarter profit of 11 cents a share, swinging from a year-ago loss of 13 cents a share. Revenue jumped 61% from a year ago to $115.7 million, the company said.
Looking ahead, ChipMOS said it expects second-quarter revenue to rise 17% to 23% over the first quarter.
ChipMOS Technologies shares jumped by 18 cents, or 10.9%, to $1.83 in Tuesday's after-market session following the earnings release. The 50-day average daily volume for ChipMOS is 984,000, according to the Nasdaq.Elsewhere, Westell Technologies (WSTL) rose by 7 cents, or 5%, to $1.47 in late trading Tuesday after the networking equipment company posted a fourth-quarter profit of 4 cents a share on revenue of $37.8 million. The lone analyst target called for a profit of 3 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters. The 50-day average daily share volume for Westell Technologies is 155,000.
|Stock Picks 5 Stocks to Avoid Euro Crisis|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV