How do I know which research gets applause and which research is ignored?
That's where I can help, hopefully. I'll be at the ASCO meeting this year, reporting on the all the hits and misses.
What happens to the hot ASCO stocks once the meeting ends?
Ah, investors should be aware of the post-ASCO selloff. Historically, stocks that run higher into the ASCO meeting sell off once the meeting ends. Investors often take profits post ASCO, regardless of how strong the data presented might be.Shares of Celldex, for example, surged into the start of the 2009 ASCO meeting but sold off quickly once the meeting ended. That's not an unusual trading pattern. Oncogenex Pharmaceuticals (OGXI) was another hot stock from ASCO 2009, but it defied the odds and continued to rise well after the ASCO confab ended. If there's a system to reliably predict which ASCO stocks sell off and which continue to move higher, I haven't heard or seen it. Experienced stock traders tend to have a better sense of how this works, but unfortunately, I'm not a trader. -- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
|FDA Calendar 14 Biotech Stocks Facing FDA Approval|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV