Soros seems to like his cheap business technology stocks, adding 1 million shares to a position in Extreme Networks (EXTR), a network infrastructure company, which trades at under $3 a share. The hedge fund's total interest in the company rose to 8 million shares.
Soros and Paulson are both famous for playing energy stocks and commodities from oil to gold. Both managers, for instance, continue to invest heavily in the yellow metal.
In energy, Paulson made a notable portfolio addition of 3 million shares of XTO Energy, and took an initial 3 million-share stake in Devon Energy (DVN).
Soros, though, made a true energy dollar-store bet in the first quarter, buying more than 1 million shares of independent oil and gas explorer Cano Petroleum (CFW), which traded at a share price below $1 at several points during the first period. Cano shares closed at $1.13 on Tuesday.-Reported by Eric Rosenbaum in New York.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
|Professional Portfolio Updates|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV