Versar, Inc. Providing Rapid Response Support To Gulf Oil Spill
Versar, Inc. (NYSE Amex:VSR) has deployed a team of scientists to the Gulf coast region to provide technical support in response to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Versar was selected due to its rapid response capabilities and over 35 years of ecological monitoring and surveying experience. On-scene Versar scientists will be supported remotely by other Versar divisions with modeling, meteorology, fisheries ecology, sensitive habitat and other technical experts. Versar has expertise in both oil spill response and Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA) and is able to quickly respond to incidents of this magnitude.
Anthony Otten, CEO of Versar said, “It is a privilege to provide our technical services in the Gulf Region to protect our nation’s natural resources. Versar is committed to doing everything possible to assist in this effort.”
VERSAR, INC., headquartered in Springfield, VA, is a publicly held international professional services firm supporting government and industry in national defense/homeland defense programs, environmental health and safety and infrastructure revitalization. VERSAR operates a number of web sites, including the corporate Web sites, www.versar.com, www.homelanddefense.com, www.geomet.com; www.viap.com; www.dtaps.com; www.adventenv.com, and www.ppsgb.com.
This press release contains forward-looking information. The
forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor
provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Forward-looking statements may be significantly impacted by certain
risks and uncertainties described herein and in Versar’s Annual Report
on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the
year ended June 26, 2009. The forward-looking statements are made as of
the date hereof and Versar does not undertake to update its
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV