Beazer Homes rose after Citigroup upgraded the stock to buy from hold. The firm said that Beazer's recent debt and note sale will bolster its balance sheet, allowing the homebuilder to focus on operations.
Meanwhile, a regulatory filing from Monday showed that hedge fund Paulson & Co. bought 5 million shares of Beazer stock in the first quarter.
Beazer Homes shares jumped by 46 cents, or 8.8%, to $5.70. Volume topped 6.69 million shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 4.38 million, according to Yahoo! Finance.Elsewhere, China Armco Metals (CNAM) dropped by 58 cents, or 10.2%, to $5.11 after the company late Monday posted a first-quarter adjusted profit of 6 cents a share on revenue of $8.58 million, compared with a year-ago profit of 2 cents a share on $5.36 million in revenue. China Armco said its management is maintaining financial guidance with revenues for the full year of 2010 exceeding $220 million with net income exceeding $12 million. Volume topped 400,000 shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 1.15 million.
|Stocks Under $5 Top Dividend Stocks Under $5|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV