Ambac Financial, QAD: Early Volume Plays
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- QAD Inc. (QADI) was among several stocks trading near $5 poised to move on above-average volume Tuesday after the enterprise software company disappointed with its view on the fiscal first quarter.
QAD offered preliminary financial results for the first quarter of 2011, saying it expects a loss of 4 cents to 5 cents on revenue of $50 million to $51 million, which is below the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate for a profit of 6 cents a share on revenue of $52.5 million. Previously, QAD had forecasted a quarterly profit of 3 cents a share on revenue of $54 million.
"Although we did not meet our revenue expectations during our first quarter, we are seeing increased activity at our manufacturing customers, although capacity utilization is still below pre-recession levels," CEO Karl Lopker said in a statement. "This is leading to a corresponding increase in our near term pipeline. As a result, we believe that our existing business model and plans are appropriate for the current environment."
QAD shares were falling by 47 cents, or 8.2%, to $5.24 in the premarket session. The 50-day average daily volume for QAD is 43,000, according to the Nasdaq.
Top Dividend Stocks Under $5
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV