TheStreet: Do you see the demand now for the gadgets -- the extensive desire to get as much as you can out of these gadgets. Is that what is driving so much of this?
Halim: What's happening is that this new generation of platforms such as smartphones, iPads and the like is creating tremendous demand for all kinds of content over broadband networks; be it wireless or wireline including of course social networking-type environments like Facebook and others. We're absolutely seeing a significant surge in demand for communications infrastructure chips such as the ones that we develop.
The Street: Your revenue has been growing quarter-over-quarter. What do you see foresee for yourself for the rest of the year?
Halim: We expect that we'll continue to grow and drive significant improvement, operating leverage over high gross margins. Our company's characterized by one of the industry's highest gross margins, 64% plus. That coupled with significant operating expenditure discipline has allowed us not only to turn profitable, but also to deliver significant operating leverage and significant increase in earnings per share, including a record fiscal second quarter that we just reported two weeks ago of 15 cents eps
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV