New Century Bancorp Shareholders Elect Seven Members To Board Of Directors
DUNN, N.C., May 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- At the annual shareholders' meeting of New Century Bancorp (Nasdaq: NCBC – the "Company"), shareholders re-elected six directors and named one new member to the corporate board of directors, announced William L. Hedgepeth II, president and CEO of both New Century Bancorp and New Century Bank. The board members, who will each serve three-year terms, are: Watson G. Caviness; J. Gary Ciccone; D. Ralph Huff III; Carlie C. McLamb; James H. Smith; C.L. Tart, Jr.; and, Ann H. Thornton.
"These directors bring a great deal of leadership and business experience, as well as knowledge of our Company and our communities, to their roles," Hedgepeth said. "We will all benefit from their input and participation."
Newly elected to the board of directors is Watson G. Caviness of Fayetteville, NC. Mr. Caviness was elected to replace Sidney Thompson, M.D., a founding director of New Century Bank of Fayetteville (which became New Century Bank South and then part of New Century Bank) and a member of the board of directors of New Century Bancorp from 2009 - 2010, who passed away in March.
Mr. Caviness also was a founding director of New Century Bank of Fayetteville and served on the New Century Bank South Region Advisory Board. He is president of Caviness & Cates Building and Development Company, president of Caviness Land Development Inc., and owner of Caviness & Cates Communities. A builder and land developer, he is a licensed NC General Contractor and has been in the construction business since 1995. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and a member of the National Association of Home Builders.The six directors who were re-elected include:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV