Talecris Added To NASDAQ Biotechnology Index
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., May 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Talecris Biotherapeutics Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: TLCR) announced today that the company has been added to the NASDAQ Biotechnology Index® (Nasdaq: NBI). Talecris is among nine securities added to the index by the NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NDAQ). The semi-annual re-ranking of the index will become effective prior to market open on Monday, May 24, 2010.
The Index is designed to track the performance of a set of NASDAQ listed securities that are classified as either biotechnology or pharmaceutical according to the Industry Classification Benchmark (ICB). The NASDAQ Biotechnology Index is re-ranked semi-annually in May and November.
"We are pleased to be included in the biotechnology index following our IPO last year," said Lawrence D. Stern, chairman and CEO of Talecris.
The NASDAQ Biotechnology Index is the basis for the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology Index(SM) Fund (Nasdaq: IBB), which seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the NASDAQ Biotechnology Index. In addition, options based on the NASDAQ Biotechnology Index and the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology Index Fund trade on various exchanges.For more information about the NASDAQ Biotechnology Index, including detailed eligibility criteria, visit https://indexes.nasdaqomx.com/. About Talecris Biotherapeutics: Inspiration. Dedication. Innovation. Talecris Biotherapeutics is a global biotherapeutic and biotechnology company that discovers, develops and produces critical care treatments for people with life-threatening disorders in a variety of therapeutic areas including immunology, pulmonology, neurology and hemostasis. For more information, please visit: www.talecris.com. SOURCE Talecris Biotherapeutics, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV