NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- After budget troubles in Europe sparked some gut-wrenching moves in the market over the last few weeks, many investors may be looking for a safe place to hunker down and hide. And in times of trouble, there are fewer equities that are more attractive than low-risk, high-yield dividend stocks.
These blue chips not only have the staying power and stable share price that make them good long-term investments, they have a history of strong dividend growth and high dividend yields that mean a regular paycheck. Rather than chase down a stock that will jump in share price, why not stick with a steady and reliable large-cap stock that regularly pays a hefty dividend?
If you're an income-oriented investor looking for high dividend yields and low risk stocks to fill out your portfolio and add some stability, you're in luck. Our InvestorPlace experts have handpicked seven great stocks to buy right now. Here they are.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV