Mike Pickett Announces Plans To Retire
SEATTLE, May 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Onvia, Inc. (Nasdaq: ONVI), a leading provider of comprehensive government business market intelligence, announced that Mike Pickett has informed Onvia's Board of Directors that he intends to retire as President and CEO of Onvia by December 31, 2010. Mr. Pickett will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board and provide transitional leadership as needed through December 31, 2011.
"Onvia has accomplished much in the last year, including accelerating its growth, generating positive cash flow and achieving profitability," said Mr. Pickett. "In addition, we have a very talented management team that will continue to deliver high quality information services products to the gBusiness market. After 10 years as Onvia's CEO, I am looking forward to taking a more strategic role with the Company as Chairman of the Board and leaving the day-to-day operations to a new CEO."
"The Board has formed a Search Committee that will begin the process to select a successor immediately," said Bob Brown, Onvia's Lead Director. "In addition to a highly qualified internal candidate, external candidates will be considered for a successor who will lead Onvia to its next level of achievement. In the meantime, Mike will continue to lead the Company."
About Onvia, Inc.For more than a decade Onvia has been a leading providing of Business-to-Government solutions in the United States, covering the broadest set of industries, projects and products at every level of government. Thousands of companies rely on Onvia's customized information services to grow sales opportunities, understand buyer and seller activities, and research markets. For information, call 1-800-331-2320 or visit www.onvia.com. To view Economic Recovery-funded projects tracked by Onvia, visit www.recovery.org. SOURCE Onvia, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV