China Stocks: Price vs. Fundamentals
In addition, the wide bid ask issue cuts both ways. On both DYP and NEWN, when investors were clamoring to get back into the stock following the mini meltdown, the ask price jumped up quickly with every subsequent buy. The result is that there can be large price jumps even on only moderate volume.
In short, the market has been looking ugly and volatile lately. A lot of stocks deserve to come down significantly and may still have further to fall. But for value stocks where I truly like the growth story and fundamentals I don't get overly worried about dips in their prices even when the price drops look severe like they did last week. In fact, it seems that these are the best times to try to pick up shares on the cheap and wait until the market gets a bit more rational. Buying stocks with double-digit earnings growth and single digit PE ratios is a combination that has so far not failed me.
Disclosure: The author holds long positions in NEWN.OB, DYP and BSPM.
The author can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV