Astellas Agrees to Buy OSI Pharma for $4B
Astellas increased its offer for OSI to $57.50 a share, up from $52 the Japanese company had offered in March. The offer is a premium of 55% to the $37.02 closing price of OSI on Feb. 26, the last trading day Astellas announced its bid.
OSI shares closed Friday at $59.80.
OSI's drug line-up includes the blockbuster cancer drug Tarceva, which had $1.2 billion in sales in 2009."The merger with OSI provides Astellas with a top-tier oncology platform in the U.S. and an expanded product portfolio and pipelines," said Masafumi Nogimori, president and CEO of Astellas in a statement Monday. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV