GBP-USD: Threats Remain To The Downside
By Mohammed Isah of fxtechstrategy.com
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- GBP-USD: The pair may have followed through lower to build on its previous week losses but needs a decisive break and close below the 1.4473 level, its 2010, to resume its broader weakness.
For a chart on GBP-USD click here.
If this materializes, the pair should push further lower towards the 1.4511 level, its April 26 2009 low, and then its April 2009 low at 1.4396. Its weekly studies are bearish and pointing lower, suggesting further weakness. To reduce its current downside weakness, a return above the 1.5052 level, its May 10 2010 high must occur to pave the way for a more strength towards the 1.5127/25 levels. A reversal of roles is likely there, thus turning the pair back down again.> > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll However, if a loss occurs there, the 1.5389 level and then its April 15 2010 high at 1.5521 will be targeted. Beyond that level will resume its recovery towards the 1.5574 level, its Feb 23 2010 high and then the 1.5814 level, its Feb 17 2010 high. Overall, with the bears still in control, threats remain to the downside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV