In its ongoing efforts to develop innovative ways of educating customers Beneficial Bank, a full-service bank that specializes in serving the financial needs of the greater Philadelphia and South Jersey regions, will unveil a new, education-themed retail banking concept in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on May 15.
“Beneficial Bank is not only a bank, it is an education company that puts a priority on providing customers with the tools and resources that they need to become smarter about their money and do the right thing financially,” said Gerard P. Cuddy, President and CEO of Beneficial Bank. “Our two new campuses in Cherry Hill are a representation of Beneficial’s education philosophy and we plan for these innovative retail banks to become the blueprint for the next generation of Beneficial Banks. I am so pleased that Cherry Hill, an area where we already have a large number of customers, is the first community where we unveil this new approach to banking.”
As a part of Beneficial Bank’s education mission and to commemorate its introduction to the community, the bank will donate $20,000 to the Cherry Hill Public Schools to support financial literacy education at Cherry Hill High School West and Cherry Hill High School East in the 2010-2011 school year.
“As a community bank, Beneficial Bank has always given back to the neighborhoods where we are located,” said Cuddy. “We are so honored that we are able to contribute to the financial education of students in the Cherry Hill Public Schools. Financial values taught at a young age make a lasting impact and create fiscally responsible adults.”
Named “campuses”, the two new, modern bank locations are designed to be community and learning hubs. The campuses are located at 818 Haddonfield Road and Route 70 at Springdale Road in Cherry Hill. Unique features in both Beneficial Bank campuses include:
- Financial Learning Library™: Stocked with recommended books and e-readers that provide consumers with the financial know-how they need to confidently approach any stage in life.
- Educational Workshops: Every week, Beneficial Bank will hold free financial classes, open to all members of the community.
- Knowledge Bar™: Complimentary coffee bar invites customers to grab a cup and take a tour of online personal finance resources.
- Little Learners’ Corner™: Full of activities and books to teach children about money and saving.
- Conversation Stations: Experts are available at the campuses to have one-on-one conversations about customers’ financial goals and questions.
- Community Space: Community organizations are invited and encouraged to use the space in the campus lounge and conference rooms to hold their meetings.
- Solar Panels: Beneficial Bank’s commitment to the environment is evident with the inclusion of solar panels and use of green energy in each campus.
Photos of the Beneficial Bank campuses can be found on the Beneficial Bank Flickr site at
On May 15, Beneficial Bank will host financial expert and best-selling author Jean Chatzky in a free financial workshop at the Cherry Hill High School West. Open to students and members of the public, the workshop will focus on financial responsibility, discussing how people can use their money smartly to reach all of their goals.