Earnings Roundup: American Superconductor, ADA-ES
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, May 13, from AP Financial News:
â¿¿ American Superconductor Corp., which makes equipment for power generators and utilities, said earnings nearly quadrupled from last year and beat analyst expectations.
â¿¿ ADA-ES Inc., which develops technology to make coal mining cleaner and more efficient, said its loss widened to $2.8 million in the first quarter as sales of carbon injection systems dropped and the company fought a lawsuit.
â¿¿ Biotechnology company Inhibitex Inc. reported a larger loss for the first quarter than it had a year ago as it spent more money on drug development.â¿¿ Canadian sportswear company Gildan Activewear Inc., said second-quarter net income rose sharply as the company's revenue jumped and costs of cotton and energy fell. â¿¿ Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. returned to a fiscal fourth-quarter profit, benefiting from lower charges and expenses and better revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV