NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets sagged Thursday over persistent concerns about the European debt crisis.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 113.96, or 1.05%, to 10,782.95, and the S&P 500 dropped 14.24, or 1.22%, to 1,157.43. The Nasdaq sank 30.66, or 1.26%, to 2,394.36.
Gary Kaminsky on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that Wall Street smells a global settlement of the banks that have been suspected of misleading investors about mortgage-backed bond deals. "There will be one settlement and it will be over."
Guy Adami said it's possible to make the argument that the market uncertainty extends beyond the financials to the economic uncertainty in China, Cisco's (CSCO) earnings and troublesome retail earnings.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV