Lastly, Mitch K. writes, "Where's the Delcath Systems (DCTH) love? Am I insane or does this stock look grossly undervalued in the face of pretty convincing headline data. How about some insight?"
You're not insane. The top-line data reported by Delcath from the phase III study of its liver tumor system looked great. Important details from the study will be presented next month at the American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting. That's going to be an important event for the company and the stock.
Is Delcath grossly undervalued? I don't think so. Delcath's current $500 million market cap seems more than fair, perhaps even overly generous. The company has yet to file for approval with the FDA, and if approved, the commercial launch will be as complicated, perhaps even more so, than what's facing Dendreon (DNDN) in the coming months.
I like Delcath, don't get me wrong. It's just not a stock I'd be chasing in the mid- to upper teens. It becomes much more attractive on a pullback closer to $10 or below.-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
More on Biotech
|13 Biotech Stocks Presenting New Data
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV