Lastly, Mitch K. writes, "Where's the Delcath Systems (DCTH) love? Am I insane or does this stock look grossly undervalued in the face of pretty convincing headline data. How about some insight?"
You're not insane. The top-line data reported by Delcath from the phase III study of its liver tumor system looked great. Important details from the study will be presented next month at the American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting. That's going to be an important event for the company and the stock.
Is Delcath grossly undervalued? I don't think so. Delcath's current $500 million market cap seems more than fair, perhaps even overly generous. The company has yet to file for approval with the FDA, and if approved, the commercial launch will be as complicated, perhaps even more so, than what's facing Dendreon (DNDN) in the coming months.
I like Delcath, don't get me wrong. It's just not a stock I'd be chasing in the mid- to upper teens. It becomes much more attractive on a pullback closer to $10 or below.-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
More on Biotech
|13 Biotech Stocks Presenting New Data
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV