Cutera Survey Conducted By Harris Interactive Charts Emotions And Behaviors Of Women Approaching A Milestone Birthday
BRISBANE, Calif., May 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Cutera, Inc. (Nasdaq: CUTR). Women approaching a milestone birthday(1) feel optimistic and excited at what the future holds whether they're approaching 30 or 60, according to an online survey commissioned by Cutera, Inc., a global manufacturer of aesthetic lasers. The national survey, conducted in March by Harris Interactive® with nearly 1,000 women, offers insights into the emotions and behaviors of women as they approach a new decade.
Among key findings:
- Women approaching 30 are twice as likely to say they feel anxious about their milestone birthday than those approaching 60 (30% and 14%, respectively).
- More than 4 in 5 women (81%) approaching a big birthday say they want to improve something about their skin's appearance.
- More women are willing to give up sex for 5 years (12%) than give up the Internet for 5 years (8%) to stop the aging process.
Insights into the "Big Birthday"
"Physicians who use our lasers for treatment of photodamage and other skincare concerns say that many of their patients are women approaching a new decade in their lives," said Ken Witte, Vice President of Marketing and Clinical Development for Cutera. "We commissioned the survey to help doctors better understand the mindset of these patients – and to target their needs more effectively."The survey polled women who are within 5 years of turning a milestone birthday, from 30 to 60. The term "milestone birthday," a phrase commonly heard in physician offices, is an indication that turning a new decade often represents an important event in a woman's life. For many, it's a time to reflect on changes in their lifestyle and appearance. "Typically, women approaching 30, 40 or 50 will visit our office to celebrate an upcoming 'big' birthday and treat themselves to a series of laser treatments or a dermal filler," said Debra Jaliman, MD, Assistant Professor Mount Sinai Medical Center. "These milestones can be traumatic for some women but certainly not for all. The survey validates what we've seen – that women are opting for aesthetic solutions because they want to invest in their appearance as a gift to themselves." Better with Age Over one third of women approaching a milestone birthday say turning older makes them feel optimistic because they are wiser and smarter (35%), and excited because they are looking forward to what the future holds (34%). In fact, "a fabulous vacation" was the top selection for a birthday gift (31%), winning out over "losing weight" (25%) or "looking 10 years younger" (9%). Not surprisingly, women approaching 60 were most likely to want the gift of "looking 10 years younger" (18%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV