China Valves Net Income Up 123 Pct In 1st Quarter
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ China Valves Technology Inc. said profit more than doubled in the first quarter as it sold more of its large metal valves to power plants.
The company, based in Kaifeng, China, said it earned $6.6 million, or 19 cents a share, in the three-month period ended March 31. That's up from $3 million, or 10 cents a share, in the same period a year earlier.
Adjusted to exclude non-cash items related to the change in fair value of derivatives and other items, income was $7 million, or 20 cents per share, matching the average forecast of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
Revenue rose 55 percent to $26.8 million, missing the analyst forecast at $30 million.The company said it aims to expand beyond its primary markets, power plants and water supply systems, into the petroleum and nuclear sectors. The $21 million acquisition of Shanghai Pudong Hanwei Valve Co. closed in April and should help China Valves broaden its reach, it said. The company said it's still comfortable with it previous forecast of $40 million in net income for 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV