General Finance Corporation Reports Third Quarter FY 2010 Results
General Finance Corporation (“General Finance” or “GFN”) (NASDAQ:GFN) (NASDAQ:GFNCW) (NASDAQ:GFNCU) today announced its consolidated financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended March 31, 2010 (“YTD FY 2010”). The results include RWA Holdings Pty Limited and subsidiaries (“Royal Wolf”), the leading provider of portable storage solutions in Australia and New Zealand, and Pac-Van, Inc. (“Pac-Van”), a key provider of modular buildings and mobile office units in the United States. Unaudited non-U.S. GAAP financial information for the nine months ended March 31, 2009 (“YTD FY 2009”), which combines the first quarter ended September 30, 2008 results of Pac-Van (prior to its acquisition on October 1, 2008) with the consolidated results of General Finance, is provided for comparison purposes.
General Finance Consolidated Third Quarter Ended March 31, 2010 (“QE3 FY 2010”) Results Compared to Third Quarter Ended March 31, 2009 (“QE3 FY 2009”) Results
Key Financial Highlights
(1) Earnings before interest expense, income tax, depreciation and amortization and other non-operating costs and income (EBITDA and adjusted EBITDA) are a supplemental measure of performance that is not required by, or presented in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (“U.S. GAAP”). Adjusted EBITDA (which adds back share-based compensation expense and non-operating costs and income) is a non-U.S. GAAP measure, is not a measurement of our financial performance under U.S. GAAP and should not be considered as an alternative to net income, income from operations or any other performance measures derived in accordance with U.S. GAAP or as an alternative to cash flow from operating, investing or financing activities as a measure of liquidity. We present adjusted EBITDA because we consider it to be an important supplemental measure of our performance and because it is frequently used by securities analysts, investors and other interested parties in the evaluation of companies in our industry, many of which present EBITDA and a form of our adjusted EBITDA when reporting their results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV